Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Robert C. Fullerton LIVE at The 4th Annual Middletown Music Festival August 8-9 @ Middlesex Community College



Robert C. Fullerton is a self-taught musician, whose musical journey has taken him through blues, folk, rock, gospel, jazz and even choral music. This journey has brought him to a place of seeing other people's music through his own eyes and ears, resulting in interpretations that are faithful to the original, yet often quite unique.
“Whenever I’m asked what style of music I play, I’m at a bit of a loss. Although my voice seems to lend itself to the blues, I don’t necessarily sing the blues…but I do tend to add a touch of jazz and blues to every song I perform. I don’t think of it as ‘covering’ a tune, rather as interpreting it. “
With a repertoire that includes songs primarily from the 30's, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s (as well as a few original songs), everything is “looked at through blue eyes" - a touch of jazz, blues, a little bit of soul. In the words of one venue manager, “Robert has shown an ability to cater to the multiple tastes that show up at our place. But with his deep, gravelly voice, and amazing blues chops, there rarely is a need for him to stray from what’s familiar.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment