Thursday, June 30, 2011

VOICE of the CITY, WESU 88.1FM: Live interview with Julie Clark Shubert

Only once in a blue moon does someone defy the odds and inspire us to remember our dreams, and our potential to live them! Julie Clark Shubert is a talented singer songwriter who began her her musical journey at 50 years old. For Julie's 50th birthday her husband brought her a Stradacaster electric guitar. Almost five years later Julie has written over 40 songs and has just released her first album. "From the Inside Out", which was recorded at Coffeehouse Recording Studio in Middletown, CT. This album rocks!

J-Cherry interviews Julie Clark Shubert on VOICE of the CITY. Listen to the show recorded at WESU 88.1FM here:
http://www.archive.org/details/VoiceOfTheCityOnWesu88.1fm.LivePerformanceAndInterviewWithJulie

"I met and married my husband, Gary Shubert in 1976, when I was almost twenty years old. We had our first child Josh, in 1977, he was followed by Beth, Hauns and Jamie. I had always wanted to be a mother and for the next twenty eight years I was home mothering our kids on a full time basis.

During the twenty eight years I mothered, I lost myself and found myself about as many times as we moved. My active mothering experience was the most precious and extraordinary experience of my life. 

Gary bought me an electric guitar and now I am gig playing guitarist singer songwriter. I have written over forty songs and I’ve just finished my first studio CD. I don’t think I have ever received a bigger or a better surprise than to discover that I can play guitar and write songs. I cannot even tell you how much fun I am having."
http://www.allthingsjulie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment